Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't smoke your life away.

I don't care if you want to smoke your life and die a slow death.

But I think that it's simply rude and inconsiderate when you walk around while smoking.

MyBudakTapai and I have encountered this numerous times - walking past some idiots who were smoking and we would have to inhale their cigarette smoke.

It's so annoying!

Some of them would purposely exhale in front of us and pollute the surrounding air.

I like the smoking area at Ngu Rah Rai Aiport, Bali.

It was a small enclosed room with some chairs at a far end of the airport.

To me, I imagined the smokers inside the "cage" taking their "deadly breaths".

The room was obviously filled with cigarette smoke and if you're close by when someone opens the door, the smell was absolutely horrendous!

The funny thing was, the smokers were actually enjoying themselves when they were in that polluted, disgusting room.

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for them.

I cannot imagine the damage they are doing to their body parts, most importantly, their lungs.

I mean, aren't the gory pictures on the cigarette packs enough to make you stop smoking?

I remember Bapa's (classic) reply when I encouraged him to stop smoking when he was buying a pack of Gudang Garam.

"Alah, kalau nak mati, hisap rokok ke tak hisap ke, mati juga aper."
Translation: When you're dying, it doesn't matter whether or not you smoke, you will still die.

Typical!

He had to go through a near-death experience before he could finally come to his senses.

Eventhough what my family went through a few years back was hard on us but it was a blessing in disguise.

If we had not gone through it, Bapa would still be smoking right now.

Alhamdullillah.

No comments: