Thursday, January 5, 2006

Mak Minah masak lauk kincham

Okok, here's the thing. Being the youngest in the family, things were usually done for me and not otherwise (but NOT everything, though). Cooking was one of them. Don't get me wrong. I do help out with the household chores. The responsibility started off with maintaining the cleanliness of my own room but now it has expanded to the whole house (Yikes!). Tapi Liz maintain cool jer. Liz tak tension. Liz coooool. I have to admit that I am doing a darn good job at it. No no, I am NOT praising myself (At least, I don't think so. Hmmmm...). It's a fact (You can check with Mak if you don't believe).

Cleaning aside, back to the basics. Cooking. My nightmare. Argh! I can't cook for nuts. My whole family has been PESTERING me to learn how to cook. (Adik, kau ni dah besar, kalau aku kasi kahwin, dah beranak dah. Oh mother.) Every single day (almost) the first thing I hear when I wake up are words of encouragement (and sometimes criticisms. ARGH!) to lure me into learning how to cook. So today, I have made my decision. I shall learn it! To COOK!

What can I say? It was fun, fun, fun! I had fun and so did Mak. I was practically laughing my head off throughout the whole cooking session. Hahahahahahaha....She asked me to take A, I took B and my hands almost got burnt....oh well, you know the deal. I bet you can imagine how it would be like when an amateur enters the cooking domain. Disaster! Hahahahaha...But hey, I survived it and hence, this post. Anyways, below is the picture of the dish I made. It's a little gooey , I think. But it tastes good - when my mum cooked it. But now it's different. This time, I cooked it. Of course, with A LOT of help from Mak. Adik masukkan telur tu satu per satu. Adik masukkan garam satu sudu penuh. Adik masukkan SEMUA kentang tu. Yada yada. Awaiting the feedback from the eaters. Hopefully, it tastes yummy. Hehehehehehe...Ok, let's see what we shall cook for tomorrow. Hmmmmm....Head chef (aka Mak), apa yang kita akan masak eh..?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: