Thursday, December 8, 2005

Reading is fun - but when can I start?

Oh gosh! You know how it's like sometimes when you have prepared to spend some quality time at home, reading the tonnes of book you had borrowed from the library while lying down on your (sofa)bed all day long but....somehow you end up spending the whole day outside, with your friends hanging out and doing the complete opposite? Well, I know. I did so for three whole days, actually.

Monday - I was actually planning to stay home right after Aiza suggested to have an outing next Monday (instead of that day itself). Fortunately, Sab said she was bored (and heck, so was I), the both of us went out instead. With the Christmas decorations up, we cannot resist snapping away.
It was ages since I last watched a movie. Anyways, Sab suggested that we go catch one but Just Like Heaven was not showing at any of the cinemas in the town area. Can you believe that??? Three cinemas and not one was showing the movie. Maybe it's because it's not open yet?Hmmmm...Whatever. Anyways, we caught Prime. Damn! That guy, the young one who had that fling with Uma Thurman. Damn! He is sooooooo very fine. WOO HOO! I was just hyper throughout the whole movie. He is just bloody good-looking. ARGH! Okay, back to reality, Lizzie.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

When I looked at my body after I took the pictures, I was ashamed of myself because I thought the top I wore made my chest area (ahem, ahem) looked extra large (not that my assets needed anymore enlargement of any kind) and hence, my whole physicality looked round and big. I recalled a message an ex-colleague of mine, Daing, sent me on Friendster (which I have yet to reply),

'........however you pose, you still look round...."

I would have just punched his face if he was right in front of me. But fortunately, he was not. If he was indeed in front me, he would not be alive to see me type this in response to his above comment.

Yes, I am round no matter how I pose. I cannot take the knife and cut down the excess fat eventhough, I would be glad if I could do so. So I shall just keep on posing in this round body I call my own. And you know what, I feel fulfilled, complete and just plain beautiful.

Tuesday - I went out to the new library at Bugis with Mak, Kakak, Dorna and Mak Syidah. I borrowed four books. Currently, I have five books to read including the novel I borrowed from Kakak. Two titles which I borrowed might raise some eyebrows and have some people wondering why.

I hope Nasty People -How to Stop Being Hurt by them without stooping to their level and How to Deal With Annoying People will aid me in the future. You never know who you might encounter in the course of this journey we call Life.

Wednesday - was absolute makan (Malay for eating) day for me. My insurance agent (by the way, he was Kakak's friend in poly) treated me to lunch at Swensen's. After which, we had my sister and two other of her friends join us for Chicken Little. (The movie was fabulous. Chicken Little reminds me a lot like myself. Silly and stupid. One whom no-one really listens to but when we prove ourselves, we really do it with a bang! The only difference between Chicken Little and me is that I have yet to make that one dramatic-life-changing difference. Oh well...Soon.) We had dinner at this kopitiam at Upper Changi Road (which was not as delicious as expected but our stomachs were filled, nonetheless.) We then wrapped up the day's agenda by drinking sugarcane at East Coast Food Court (did I ever mention to non-Singaporean readers how we locals just simply love eating?).

Phew! Did reading ever made it to my agenda the last few days? A big NO! Funny how reading was (notice how the past tense is being used here. Minor details.) actually my main priority before the week even started. Oh well....

1 comment:

Almost Perfect Mum said...

Lizzie to Zuhri - Are you serious abt most men liking rounder women? WOO HOO! THERE IS HOPE!

anws, abang zuhri, this lil sis is very understanding. u boleh cakap apa saje tak payah censorship.kekekekeke...