Friday, December 9, 2005

Oprah made my cry

I watched The Oprah Winfrey Show today. If I guess correctly, the topic was Living through the Worst Day of Your Life. The worst day for me would probably be something like falling down when I realised how late I was for work. Then meeting an inconsiderate parent who requests for unreasonable things. Well, that's the worst day I can think of right now. But how naive I was.

Oprah invited ladies who had been through even worst day than I can ever think of. Ever.

Two of the ladies lost all their children to their ex-husbands. They were shot to death by their own fathers. How can anyone has the heart to kill their own offsprings? How can anyone bear to do that? I can never understand it. Imagine hearing and losing your babies to their own father all at once. It must be heart-breaking.

There were two other ladies who had even more heart-breaking stories.

I cried buckets when I watched today's episode. It was so painful to see those ladies having to go through what they went through. I cannot say that I know how they feel because frankly, I don't. Call me selfish but to tell you the truth, I do not want to want to be able to say that. But I salute them for wanting to still continue living life after going through such a difficult time of their life.

When I watched them speak and describe (probably for the thousandth time) the incident as well as how they feel afterwards, I felt my chest tightened. It hurts so bad to hear their stories. I cannot imagine what it must have felt like having to physically go through it themselves. Masya ALLAH.

O ALLAH, give them strength to survive (and continue living) after having gone through such a difficult time in their lives. They may not be Muslims but may those torturous events be a light to lead them back to the right path of Islam. O ALLAH, protect the rest of us from having to experience such heartaches. Ever.

Amin

1 comment:

Almost Perfect Mum said...

Lizzie to Zuhri - You just have to mention chocs knowing I'm on a mission? hehehehehehe