Saturday, August 20, 2005

New classroom environment

I was so caught up with work I could hardly take a breather. Okay, okay, I am exaggerating but you know what I mean, right. Sometimes, you are just so tired after work that you do not even have time to think about what you're doing. That was what happened this week. I just got started this week at my new centre. I was left to work on my own after only 2 days on the job. Imagine that! There were like a million things that I need to get used to. First, the extra number of children from teaching 6 children at a time to teaching 20 of them at one go. Second was from having the privacy of my own classroom where I was given the freedom to construct my own teaching was sacrificed when the structure of the new classroom environment in this new centre is such that every class is connected to the classroom without any barriers separating them. That is to say that if the children from the other classroom were making a lot of noise, the children from my classroom will definitely be affected. I have to shout and shout every single day. Darn! My throat hurts by the end of each day. And the worst part of it was the teaching aids. It had to be changed almost every two weeks. ARGH! That's a lot of work. That is not inclusive of the teaching aids for the lesson plan. Sighs... I'm tired. So very tired.

No comments: