Saturday, August 27, 2005

A serious turn of events

It seems ages since I last came online and updated my blog. This is mainly because I am having some problems with my firewall. I have to admit that I know nuts about all these Internet security stuff but what I do know about firewall is that it protects us from hackers. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) And we know, what these hackers are capable of doing.

Anyways, eight days into the new classroom environment and I was pressurized to step up on the decorations of my classroom as there will be an internal audit, which took place last Thursday. I was so nervous and stressed up. Not only did I have to adapt to a much bigger classroom capacity, I also have to adapt to a totally different style of teaching. I was running here and there. As all of you may know, I get very edgy when I'm nervous. I was easily agitated that I decided to just make as little contact as I can with the people I love. (Ironic but it's for the good of both parties.)

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, the audit is now finally over but there was one significant event that took place last Thursday that made me glad that I actually went through the audit. This was what happened.

My classes had finally ended and it was already 4.10pm. I was rushing to get my things done because I was not feeling very well and wanted to just get it all over with and rest at home. While I was sitting down and minding my own business, the auditor actually came up to me and sat down beside me. Boy, was I shocked. I definitely did not expect her to do that. At that moment, I knew that it was not going to be something good. I kept thinking that she was probably going to dismiss me for my terrible style of teaching and classroom management. Aha! It was the complete opposite.

Auditor: So how long have you been teaching?
Me: Not long. I was previously from another centre at town area for about four months before I came here. But because it was too far, I accepted the posting here and I just started last week, on the 16th.
Auditor: Are you serious? You were very good. Your facial expressions, your tone of voice - excellent. Some people can have 10 or 15 years of experience and still not able to give out that same amount of energy. It's either you can do it or you can't. Good for you.

WOO HOO!! Imagine that. I was just too taken back to react to that. Then we started talking for a bit more and she shared some great tips.

At the end of it all, I was just not able to believe that I was so stressed up and scared about what might happen during the audit. I seriously thought I would be blacklisted at the end of the audit. The best part was the auditor actually told my principal what she told me. WOO HOO!!!!! I shall not be blamed for boasting because I did not do the telling. The auditor did so herself.

Alhamdullillah. Syukur kepada ALLAH. If it was not for Him, I would not been able to make it this far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://hooafzzw.com/lbnl/iszw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://kaytyfeo.com/ilry/nhdr.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit