Thursday, August 11, 2005

FCUK

During the children's naptime, I was busy talking on the mobile with a dear friend of mine. As usual, we were discussing about life, men and everything under the sun. Somehow, we got to the topic of my easiness with using vulgarities. My dear, dear friend is very well-mannered, pious, gentle and funny. I have never heard her swear in all the time I have known her and I do not think she will ever. She is one of those people who just well....don't swear - unlike yours truly.

Frankly, it is very hard for me to quit swearing. This has nothing to do with my upbringing. My parents and siblings are not the sort to swear - at all. I think it could be due to the friends I made over the years. When I talk to them, swearing is like part of the conversation. It makes the conversation more interesting and lively - despite the dull content. It has become a habit for me. This habit was especially evident during my tertiary days. In each sentence of about 10 words, half of them would be vulgarities from various languages that we can think of. Swearing has since then became the norm for me - even when I talk to anyone of any background.

That dear friend of mine, she pinted out one thing to me that has somehow slipped my mind. She reminded me that guys do not like it when girls swear - most guys at least. Is that true? That has never really crossed my mind. Strange but true. Does it really matter to a guy if the girl simply loves to swear?

Anyways, whatever it is, I have to stop swearing, It is getting way out of hand. I used it in front of my parents ( not on them, please get it right.) and my other friends. Whether or not it matters to a guy that a girl loves to swear, I still need to kick this habit. It may give me this temporary sense of satisfaction but I always feel so sinful after blurting it out.

No comments: