Monday, August 8, 2005

I Want a Famous Face - Me

I am in the midst of a very long weekend of 4 days consecutively. Unfortunately, time passes by so quickly and I am already at day number 3 as I am typing this post.

Anyways, I was watching MTV's - I Want A Famous Face yesterday. It featured this girl by the name of Vived. She wanted to look like Carmen Electra. She's a fashion designer and was starting to design lingerie and intended to fashion her own lingerie on Playboy one fine day just like Carmen.

I really do not see anything seriously wrong with her bod. Even before the plastic surgery, it was too-die-for. The only problem was that it does not look as perfect as Carmen's. She even has a boyfriend who is not that bad-looking and bloody shweeeet. After her surgery, her boyfriend visited her at home and brought her flowers. Guess what she said,

"I am glad at times like this that I have Marc. But after I am better, I do not know if I can commit to one single guy at this point of time."

WHAT ?!?!?! Rubbish! To cut a long story short, the swellings from the surgery subsided and she was back to normal only that now she has much, much, MUCH bigger breasts than before and the liposuction on her thighs was not really visible but it was not as swollen as before.

11 weeks passed and she was up on her feet, the camera showed her while she was on her way to the doctor's for her check-ups. Guess what she says now,

" I think my breasts were much larger than I expected. I am thinking of going for reduction depending on the complications. ...I have been receiving unwanted attention from men wherever I go."

WHAT ?!?!?! Hahahahahaha...Humans. We are never NEVER satisfied with the blessings that God has bestowed upon us yeah. I mean, it is alright to strive and work hard to get more money because nothing in life is free, especially here in my dearest homeland. It is also fine to want to look more beautiful through exercise or anything that will not harm your physical self. But in our pursuit for money and beauty, it is so important to remember what is true to us and never ever lose our self-worth and dignity. I have to admit that I do want to look beautiful (who doesn't? ) but I am simply thankful for my body, however imperfect it is. I ain't no mannequin. I am human. I am supposed to be imperfect. we are not designed for perfection. But I believe if you are thankful for all that you are given, your imperfections can actually be seen as beautiful to someone else. You never know. I have to admit that I am a little conscious about my weight but not to the extent of doing liposuction or anything of that sort. It's too scary and it's like taking the easy way out. Liposuction has immediate results as compared to exercise but the pain and the effects...EURGH! Subahanallah.

May Allah refrain such thoughts from entering my shallow mind.

No comments: