Sunday, May 1, 2005

Teenage Gangsta

Today was one of those rare days where I actually picked up the collection of papers people called NEWPAPERS. It was this one article that caught my attention. An article about two Malay individuals who were once part of bad company but now, have chosen to repent.

I had chills down my spine when I read their stories. The crimes that they committed were not just stealing or some other minor issues. They used to drug traffickers,illegal VCD sellers,gang members who were involved in some killings etc. I thought my teenagehood was bad but there was someone else out there who were even worse off than me.

However, I am glad. Glad that they have chosen to leave their past life and start afresh.

O Allah, Please strengthen our faith so that we will not be influenced by the false hope of the non-believers and the whispers of Satan. For my Muslim brothers and sisters, who have chosen to repent and stop doing the things that You have forbidden, please give them the strength,perseverance, endurance and patience in order to survive the challenges that they will face while on this new mission of theirs.

O Allah, Deepen our love for Islam and show us guidance to the right path of Islam when the non-believers try to shake the foundation that we have already obtained. O Allah, Help us get through the rough times and thank you, O Allah for all the blessings that you have bestowed upon us. Amin.

No comments: