Monday, April 11, 2005

That BOY and his idea on BLOGGING

A guy, whom Aiza introduced to me, asked me what I was doing at that point of time. It just so happen that I was updating my blog. That was when he commneted that,"Just don't understand why teenagers like yaa are so fanatic about this kinda stuff.."

I personally do not believe that blogging is meant only for teenagers. By saying that, I think that he is actually making a fool of himself.Not only is he ignorant about the happenings in the world, he is also very shallow.

In my opinion, blogging is a medium for us to be more aware of happenings around the world. Through blogging , I can actually find out the festivals or the culture of a different race from the other side of the world. Through blogging, I can read about and (maybe identify with) the thoughts and views of another individual from a country I can only dream of visiting. There are so many things that blogging can do. Blogging can also help me to express things to my freinds that I may have trouble saying face-to-face. There are so many advantages of blogging.

That is the trouble with us humans. We reject and condemn any ideas, concepts, thoughts techonlogy that is different from what we are used to. We label them as NONSENSE just because we saw only the bad effects of the particular thing. But doing that, we are limiting our minds from expanding and growing. Once we label something as worthless, we will shut out any comments that supports it. Hence, we miss out on a great something - all because it is different from something that we are used to.

So to THAT BOY, I suggest you rethink about your idea. Do not get me wrong. I am not asking you to agree with me nor am I asking you to start blogging. All I am saying is that you might want to be more careful of the things you say to another person (eventhough it's not done face-toface) and the kinds of conclusions you draw from something that you have NOT seen fully.

Think about it, Bro...

No comments: