Thursday, July 21, 2011

It happened to me too!

While enjoying the bus ride en route to Far East Plaza last Saturday, a conversation between 2 teenage girls (in school uniform) about their love lives brought me back to my teenagehood (If they spoke loud enough for me to hear, that does not count as eavesdropping...does it?)

One of them just got her heart broken by this guy whom she had LOVED for so long.

LOVE? Seriously?

Anyhow, it was hard to resist the temptation to share my "Banish the Breakup Blues" wisdom to the younger generation. Heh..

But if I were her, this is what I would do.

1) Move your ass!
As in exercise, exercise, exercise! No medicine can make you feel better about getting your heart broken, then getting your heart pumping. The sweat and the adrenaline rush you experience after a satisfying workout is way better (and HEALTHIER) than stuffing your face with 2 pints of ice-ceram topped with fudge. The endorphins will perk up your mood in no time.

2) Prioritse your life
Take a breather and turn back the focus on YOU! Think about what are the steps you are going to take to realize any dreams that you had before he/she-who-shall-not-be-mentioned came along. Take steps to take of YOUR life.

3) Start anew.
De-clutter your life. Go on a cleaning spree and tidy up your room (or house) and most importantly, toss away anything that reminded you of he/she-who-shall-not-be-mentioned. With a clean room (or house), you can nopw think straight and charge on with greater enthusiasm and a positive spirit!

I was reading a magazine and it stated that according to a recent British survey, teh average woman has had her heart broken 5 tmes before meeting Mr. Right - in that case, I must have been above average because my number was definitley not single digit.

Whatever it is, have faith that you will meet Mr/Miss Right.

Tried and tested. d;D

Photobucket

No comments: