Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What's Next?

My life is a routine and I have absolutely no problem with that.

In fact, I am 1 of those weirdos people who thrive on routines.

5.30am or 6.30am - Wake up (do whatever needs to be done)

7.30am - Fayrah wakes up and feeding time!

8.15am - Fayrah's bath time! Yippee!

8.45am - Fayrah's nap time & my ALONE time

(if I'm lucky) 10.30am - Fayrah's 2nd feeding.

.

.

.

.

.

.

And the process repeats itself every 3 hours.

As a pre-school teacher, I have seen the benefits of a routine.

Though many people may say that it restricts creativity and it is just not suitable for an infant but I love it and so does my lil cherub.

I am not saying that it is for everyone but it is definitely for me.

It keeps ME sane and it's beneficial for children to know what's next on the agenda.

Being on a routine also enables me to plan my day.

As you may already know, I'm a perfectionist I love planning.

Being on a routine, I know when and how many tasks I can complete during any particular day.

However, life is unexpected.

It throws on you things that you may not even plan or thought of.

That sort of stuff can either break or make your plan.

So that's why I am NOT on a strict routine.

I love allowing some flexibility in my daily agenda.

That way, I will not throw a BF (= Bitch Fit) when things do not go as planned.

Mummies (or even daddies) if you are just like me, someone who enjoys a flexible routine, read up on Tracy Hogg - The Baby Whisperer.

Her EASY routine is well...easy (-peasey lemon squeezy).

If I can do it, so can you.

No comments: