Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another rejection brings me closer

Today, the rejection did not hurt that much.

ALLAH knows how long I had to wait. Frankly, I was appalled by the number of people when I opened the huge glass door of the posh hotel this morning. But I stayed.

ALLAH too knows how thankful I was when my name was announced. I was extremely proud being the only other girl chosen.

But unfortunately, it ended right there.

But I am thankful and feel blessed, nonetheless.

I guess the rejection today acts as a wake-up call for me to put in 10 times more effort in realising my childhood dream. Yes, it's true that I have accomplished quite a great deal at this point and am almost halfway in order to meet the criterias (Pat on the back for Lizzie.) But I will not get too complacent and be contented with it...yet.

I will be realistic, of course. But I know that I have more to offer myself.

Today's rejection did not dampen my spirits. Instead, it only intensifies my desire to succeed. Insya ALLAH. I definitely have to work 100 times harder than the others but when I finally achieve it, I can truly rejoice for I shall not resort to anything bad. It was pure determination.

In the words of the late Aaliyah,

"And if at first you don't succeed, first you don't succeed
Dust yourself off and try again
You can dust it off and try again, try again"
- Song title: Try Again

No comments: