Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ultimate friendship

It seems like almost everyone has an ultimate friend who watched them grow.

I used to have one.

We grew up together. We were the bestest friends from primary school all the way through my tertiary years. After secondary school, we went separate ways but still kept in touch...until suddenly all was lost.

No fights, no misunderstandings, nothing. We just lost contact. I miss her so much. I really do. We were there for each other through thick and thin. She can call me up and cry to me at 3 am in the morning but it will be okay because she was my best friend. I hate how I am using the past tense to describe the times we shared.

She promised that our children will become best friends. She promised that despite her ever-so busy schedule, she will still make time for me. But I wonder. There are also others who are in the university and attached but can still make time for that one ultimate friend.

It's very depressing thinking about it sometimes.

I have learnt my lesson.

Promises are meant to be broken.

I never make promises anymore and I forbid anyone from making promises to me. It seems that all the promises I made (and heard) were broken. I am very weary of promises. It's a disease I pray never to contract and be careful of.

No comments: