Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Stale news

Flies and maggots cover this post.

This is very, very stale news because it took place yonks ago. Okay, I exaggerate. It was just a few weeks back, more specifically on the 14th July 2006. However, since I am the Queen of Late News, this post is published only weeks after the event took place.

I was invited by my ex-lecturer to give a speech during a career seminar. Once again, after about 3 years, I was back on familiar grounds - Temasek Polytechnic. This time, I strolled past the lecture halls as a graduand and not as a student. It felt great! As I walked down the concourse area, I had a quick flashback on when I would sit on one of those uncomfortable benches, awaiting my fellow partners in crime before we dominate the lecture halls or tutorial rooms. Those were the days! I miss it so very much!

Anyhow, I was a nervous wreck during the speech. It has been ages since I last did public speaking but the adrenaline rush was uncomparable. I felt a great sense of pride and relief after delivering my speech.

I met a lot of wonderful individuals who are excellent in their specific fields. It was an honour.

But what elated me the most was the opportunity to meet up with Miss J, my ex-lecturer/good friend/makcik/excellent impersonator/inspirational individual/my idol/advisor/counsellor. She is one memory of TP that I can never, ever forget. She is unreplaceable.

No comments: