Monday, March 27, 2006

Don't leave me and tell me you love me

Can I please have a show of hands of those who do not mind having others make your life decisions for you? Come on, it's alright. No need to be shy about it. We are all adults here so let's be more open(-minded). No? No one? What about you there? No? Okay, okay. I'll get straight to the point.

This post is my two-cents worth on how I find it rather ridiculous that there are individuals, who indirectly tries to decide for another person and then call it sacrifice. It annoys me when I watch movies or hear some songs where the main character sacrifices his/her love for the other by leaving the latter. The common reasons that I usually hear are:

"I do not want to hurt you."
"You are too good for me."
"I am just not good enough for you. You deserve someone better."
Blah,blah,blah

Oh, come on! Spare us the emotional bullshit! (Pardon the harsh language) Who in the world gave these people the right to decide for the other? In what sense are these people at a better position to determine the right type of partners the other person should be with? Who gave these people the power of seeing into the future - of being able to predict that the latter will be hurt? If for whatever reason, you know you are going to hurt someone then jolly well, change your darn ways (for the better, of course). It doesn't make sense when you know what you're doing is wrong and you would want to keep doing it. Okay yeah, old habits die hard. Totally understandable. But don't you think that maybe the reason why you are given the opportunity to be with that person is so that he/she can help you to change your old habits? Have you ever thought of that? No? Well, it's high time that you do, don't you think so?

No comments: