Sunday, February 26, 2006

Second time round

I made a fool of myself on the 18th of February 2006. Venue: Sembawang Shopping Centre. After waiting in line for more than an hour, I stuttured. I mumbled over my words. I don't know what went wrong. Maybe it has been ages since I last went for auditions and the tension was just killing me...then.

Unsatisfied with my lack of confidence on that fateful day, I decided to try for the last round of auditions. This time, it was held at Tampines Mall. Mr-Bintang Manja Finalist-Cikgu Melayu selenger bachin-but-damn-fun-to-chill-with (ie: 5zeal) went with me. For the second time, I waited for hours and hours.

3 hours (or was it 4??) later, it was finally my turn to show the judges what I've got. This time round, the judge was Sani Hussein. I remember him from my Bara audition (yes, I tried to get on that ""gerek"-and-oh-so-"interesting"" drama series). He was there as well. He was so friendly on both occassions. If you ever get to read this Abang Sani, I think you're cool and thanks for being kind to me. *thumbs up*

Compared to the blunder on the 18th of February, I have to admit that what I gave today was much better. But frankly, I still don't think it was great enough. However, it's over now. No use crying over spilled milk. At least, I plucked up enough courage to go for the second time despite the crap I presented the first time round.

Nonetheless, there was one thing that made me satisfied. It definitely was not my audition but the love and sacrifice my Mummy made for me. For both times, she was there for me the whole time. She even brought me lunch even though she had woken up at 5am to cook for us (That's merely because I couldn't eat while we were at home. Too many butterflies in my stomach.) She was there for me the whole time. She gave me supporting looks whenever I looked her way. She kept reminding me to remember ALLAH and ask for guidance from Him at such a nerve-wrecking moment.The whole time, she was just there - waiting and supporting me. How could I ever be so mean to her? I love my Mummy. Alhamdullillah. I thank ALLAH for the gift that is her - my Mummy dearest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah!!hang gi auditions ei...wish u the best of luck
Yati here....

Almost Perfect Mum said...

Lizzie to Yati - Thanks yat! just tryin my luck. kalau ada rezekit, alhamdullillah. kalau tak, that's alright as well.