Saturday, January 7, 2006

Mak Minah masak sambal tumis kentang & lauk bening

Another attempt at cooking today. Of course, help from Head Chef (aka Mak) was still very much needed. Today was more serious as compared to the other day. I was actually focusing on the cooking - FULLY. Strange but true. Frankly, I could never imagine myself cooking. Seriously, I never did but there I was stirring the ladle and all - all grown up (Awwwwww....). Anyways, I scalded my hands. Boo Hoo. But hey, I'm okay. d=D

Here's a snapshot of the two dishes I helped cooked today. The one on the right is my sister's as well as my favourite. Yummy!


Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

I have to say that after all the cooking and cleaning up after that, I felt tired - extremely tired. My lower back hurts (Always been having a problem around that area, anyways.) As usual, I was beginning to get a little irritated because of my hurting lower back. But the pain basically went away when Mak commented on how a huge burden had been lifted off her shoulders. She did not need to rush through the household chores as well as cooking. I sensed the relief, appreciation as well as sincerity in her voice. I loved it! Sejuk hati si anak ini setelah mendengar ibunya begitu menghargai kerja kerasnya. Fu yoo! My attempt to speak proper Malay. Ha!

No comments: