Friday, October 21, 2005

Children's Day Out!

Today marks the first outing with MY students. On this first excursion with the little ones, we went to Changi Airport and then to Eunos MRT Station. There were 3 significant events that stressed me out like crazy at that particular point of time. However, when I replay back the incidents, it just cracked me up.

I had 2 aunties who helped me took care of the 20 little ones. They were friendly and I wqas thankful for them. I could have probably collapsed right there abd then if not for them. They were indeed very helpful.

Okay now, let's move to the significant events I mentioned earlier.

1) When I was given the medical things (just in case of emergencies), I was also given Insect Repellant. Imagine this! Insect Repellant to be applied to go to CHANGI AIRPORT!! I don't know about you but I happened to think that is rather ridiculous. For those who have never seen Changi Airport before, it is bloody clean, you can actually sleep on the floor or in the toilets. Yes, it is THAT clean.

2) Before proceeding to Changi MRT Station, the kids were brought to the toilet first and this one particular girl was the first to relieve herself.After which, we took the elevator and went to the MRT Station. Eventhough, there were not that many people buying the tickets. My principal to get 80 tickets in total so the wait was pretty long - for the kids especially. After a while of waiting to board the train, the particular girl I mentioned earlier informed me that she wanted to pass urine (again!). As there were no toilets at the MRT station (and also because I thought she was just kidding), I told her to wait for a while and that we will go to a toilet once we reach our destination. That silenced her. 3 minutes later, I heard her shotuing that she had already PASSED URINE IN HER PANTS!! Masya ALLAH. I freaked out. I could have died there. No one offered any help. Sob! Sob! Anyhow, I went to my principal and she informed one of the MRT staff about the incident. He quickly asked for the cleaner's assistance. Fortunately, the cleaner was very nice and helpful. She gave me a plastic bag to place the "dirty" clothes.

When we were in the bus on the way back to school, my throat was as dry as the Sahara Desert. Masya ALLAH. I told myself that I will break my fast once I reach school. But once there, I couldn't bear to do so. I just couldn't. So I endured.

3) After the children went home, the teachers had to stay back and carry on with whatever work that they have. Since I was the only Malay teacher there, I was in a way the ONLY ONE fasting. I went to the office to return the medical stuff and all. Guessed what I saw at the office? The teachers were having their lunch and they were slurping on FRUIT JUICE!!! Masya ALLAH. It was so very trying for me to endure the rest of the day, strengthen my will and not break my fast. Masya ALLAH.

Anyways, I DID endure and when I broke fast just now, I felt very,very accmplished. Alhamdullillah. Thank ALLAH for giving the strength and the willpower.

No comments: