Monday, September 19, 2005

Justice prevails

Syukur alhamdullillah. I know now that there IS justice in this somewhat wretched world. Recently, 3 bloggers were charged for writing racist posts and one of them was the M7.

For those of you who don't know who M7 is, I spotted his blog from another link. (please refer to my August archive titled When u speak, all I hear is BLA BLA BLA) M7 boldly expresses his dislike for the Malay-Muslim community. Apparently, he had a bad experience with a Malay/Muslim during his childhood and since then, he bore this immense hatred towards Malay/Muslims. I was aboslutely appaled at the first sight of his entries. To make it worse, there were not just one entry but more than 3. I was tempted to just leave comments and give this guy a piece of my mind but I did not. Thank ALLAH for that. There is no need to do that anymore because he has been charged in court already alongside 2 other bloggers.

Anyways, M7 turned out to be a 17 year-old hormone-raging lad who goes to a private school.

It's sad really. To date, there have been 4 bloggers charged with writing posts had a form of racism on it. And all these people are well-educated. They have to be. To be able to set up a blog. One has to be educated. Maybe not a genius but at least has some form of formal education to be exposed to such technology.

Maybe the young Singaporeans take for the granted the peace we have now because they did not get to feel the tension and emotions that went through in the early days in racist attacks such as the Maria Hertogh incident back in the 1940s. The number of people who died and injured were enormous. I'm not preaching but there are many reasons for me to hate any particular race or religion in my own homeland but what's the point. Why must I stoop to their level? I'm an educator. How can I give such negative vibes to my students? Masya ALLAH.

No comments: