Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Say a little prayer

I have never been so happy with what is shown on the weighing machine as I did today.

I used to (GOSH! I just love those words, "used to") weigh 65kg, especially before Kakak's wedding. The pressure to lose weight was heigtened to show off to the "makciks". I felt heavy (well, I was. :p ) But I just could not believe what was shown on the scale today. I weighed......(Drum roll, please!) 60kg! Can you imagine that?!!? That would mean that I have lost 5kg in 4 months! WOW! Alhamdullillah.

With this in mind, I feel like I am edging closer to my goal. I know PARENTS are not exactly as happy with the idea as much as I want them to but I will be doing it all for them. I hate being almost penniless every other day, even after pay day. I should be the one paying and treating my dearest parents and pampering them with whatever it is that they want but I can not do that - especially after this switching of jobs. Not that my parents are materialistic but they have never failed to provide me with anything I desire when I was growing up - even those things that they don't really fancy. One excellent example is my skateboard. Yes, yes, I tried to skate for a while. (It is NOT funny! :P )Being the middle class family that we are ( Thank ALLAH for all the blessings He has bestowed upon us), my whole family chipped in to get me my first deck.* I am such a spoilt brat.

I WILL accomplish my goal. It is all for them - my parents. The extremely good pay will be an opportunity for me to do what I have always wanted to do :-
  • Pamper my family and loved ones as much as I want to
  • Travel around the world
  • Be independent - look out for myself
  • (Further) mature as an individual
  • Save up for future use - duit pelamin hehehehe
  • Support my own school fees when I further my studies - I WILL MAKE IT! Insya Allah

O Allah, I pray each night that You will answer my prayers. Instill the sheer determination, self-confidence and anything else I would need in order to make my dreams a reality. O Allah, guide me to the path I need to take to realise my dreams without having to resort or do anything that is against Your commands. O Allah, strengthen my faith so as not to go astray (should my dreams be realised). Make me the most humble of humankind as like our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon him). Lastly, O Allah, I thank you for bestowing upon my family all the blessings throughout our lifetimes and in the years to come.

* I have always been fascinated with skateboarding. I tried to really do it but I was always so shy whenever I carry the deck around that I end up not achieveing anything at all. Now, that same skateboard is collecting dust in my storeroom. Skating reminds me of Del, Harm and Hairul - the "fools' ( hey, you know I got love for you, yeah) who encouraged and taught me everything I need to know about extreme sports. Wonder how they are getting on now.

No comments: