Friday, February 13, 2009

Don't compromise our faith.

About 5 years ago, I would cry at the thought of being alone on Valentine's Day.

Now, I find it amusing at how school children would rather go hungry just so they can buy bouquets of flowers, teddy bears or whatnots for their girlfriends/boyfriends - eventhough the prices are 2 or 3 times more than the usual.

When in secondary school, if Valentine's Day fell on a school day, I would wait the whole darn day for someone (Even if it was our famous Guy-with-the-Buku Tiga Lima pun aku happy) to hand me a gift - doesn't matter if it was bunga tahi ayam.

Thinking back, I felt like such a dimwit.

Now that I am older and wiser and in a relationship, I chose not to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Simply because I do not want to be a copycat and hope to lessen my sins. Hehe..
(Dosa yg ada ajer dah cukup).

Check out these articles guys. Hope you find them useful.

1) Muslims Celebrating Valentine's Day

2) Valentine's Day: Roots & Islamic View

No comments: