Sunday, November 9, 2008

Manja Montel Lara

Local radio station 89.7 FM had a student caller who was battling with weight issues (She went by the name of "Montel". Adorable.)

She poured her heart out on how some meanies, whom she got to know from random chat rooms, chided her on her massive weight when both parties decided to meet up.

Strangely, I felt a strong sense of responsibility to give some words of encouragement to that listener.

Though the radio show was meant for students (I am far from being a student. Been there, done that), Nity Baizura was very obliging when I told her about my intentions.

It came as no surprise hearing Montel told Nity that the meanie (That is the most polite word for me to describe the shallow idiot.) wanted a girlfriend who look like Jessica Alba and had the body of Beyonce.

Typical shallow, immature, good-for-nothing idiot statement.

Been there, done that.

I was slapped with even worst criticisms than that.

But hey, I survived!

Alhamdullillah.

Montel was upset because it seemed that every guy wanted a good-looking, skinny girlfriend.

Been there, done that.

I even had a guy told me straight to my face that he does not want to be with me because I was a fat arse. Lucky for him, I cannot remember how he looked like anymore.

But hey, I survived!

Alhamdullillah.

The trick to overcome such an ordeal is constant reminder that we need to love ourselves first before anyone can love us and loving what we see when we look in the mirror. Also, knowing that ALLAH s.w.t made no mistake when HE created us.

It took me a really long time to learn how to focus my mind on the blessings that HE had bestowed upon me.

No one's life is perfect.

To me, a perfect life is not worth living. Why?

Because it's the trials and tribulations that separates the weak from the strong.

I was glad Mak did not encourage me to get romantically involved with anyone during my teenage hood.

Now that I am an adult, I realise that teenage hood is the best time for you to find yourself.

Being romantically involved might distract you from really getting to know yourself.

Whether or not, Montel decided to heed my advice was beyond my control.

But I really hope that hearing my true life experiences will help her feel better about the situation and to view her life from a more positive perspective.

Insya ALLAH.

No comments: