Saturday, August 16, 2008

There's more to life than cellulites.

Even with all the money in the world, celebrities still have to go through the ups and downs of life.

Especially women and their weight management.

In fact, they have an even bigger pressure to stay in great shape.

Paparazzi are like vultures. Always on the lookout to capture less-than-motivating shots of celebrities.

From Discover My s...
Tyra Banks

From Discover My s...
Jennifer Love Hewitt

Magazines have a problem with these ladies looking less than perfect.

But me. I salute them.

Because shots like these make us mere mortals feel more....human.

For me, at least.

When I see photographs like the ones above, I say to myself,

"Lizzie, it's okay to be imperfect. Even the most beautiful has flaws."

It's about time we start focusing on our strengths rather than our weaknesses.

They may have cellulites and what-have-yous BUT most importantly, they are enjoying themselves.

I love myself, imperfections and all.

Alhamdullillah.

And hip-hip-hooray to Tyra by shooting back to all that has nothing but negativity when people look diffrent from the norm.

Anyways, what is the norm?

Anorexic thin?

Nope, there is no such thing as the norm!

No way, Jose!

We are all built differently.

The norm is what I am comfortable in.

The norm is when I look in the mirror and say, "Damn, I'm gorgeous!"

The norm is when MyBabyLuv looks at me in the eyes and assure me that "Honey, I love you for all that you are. Losing 10kgs all by yourself is a huge achievement. Be proud of yourself, babe."

The norm is what I say is the norm.

Not what is defined by any magazines in the world. Nah ah.

You go, Tyra!

No comments: