Friday, October 26, 2007

Do you have a problem with me, man?

Like hell yeah I do!

My first impression of her was Sarong Party Girl or more affectionately known as the SPG (or a wannabe, at least).

A little sidetrack for those who has absolutely no idea what SPG means, I am happy to provide a little explanation to the term above.

SPG is "..a derogatory term used in Singapore and (to a lesser extent) in Peninsular Malaysia. It describes a local Asian woman (e.g. Eurasian, Chinese, Malay, Indian) who usually dresses and behaves in a provocative manner, and who exclusively dates and prefers white men."

Alright, maybe SPG-wannabe is not (yet?) a full-fledged SPG, maybe she is just a...wannabe dressed in baju kurung and speaks with a really meluat accent.

Yes, yes I admit that I do that sometimes as well. But that's only to irritate the people around me because I know how eye-rolling it can be to hear an Asian nak feeling-feeling mat salleh by speaking with a damn berhabuk accent.

"What's up with the assalammualaikum, man? I just drank last night."

I puked. Okay, I didn't but I almost did when she poked fun at her (idiotic of a) boyfriend answered her phone call with Assalammualaikum.

I wanted to laugh, I wanted to run out of the car immediately (but that would mean I had to walk back home from SengKang. SPG-wannabe was not worth it.) but most of all, I just...felt sorry for her.

It's probably because she was young and did not know better but then age is just a number..or maybe she is just a....wannabe.

Oh well. Asalkan kau bahagialah, nak.

No comments: