Friday, June 22, 2007

Mislead?

I am insulted.

It was probably the thousandth time it happened to me.

I am not being racist or anything but it is extremely annoying.

A Chinese Christian lady came up to me earlier today at AMK Hub, while I was minding my own business and waiting for MyBabyLuv.

Maybe it was the way I dressed.

Maybe it was the way I looked.

I don't know.

Anyways, she smiled, came up to me and said, "Hi, I'm a Christian. Can I give you something to read?"

Luckily, she did not persevered after I politely rejected her offer.

Nonetheless, I find that very, very insulting.

Religion is not like sales.

I find her method to get people into Christianity very misleading and inappropriate.

You don't just walk around in an attempt to promote the religion.

It is not a product that needs to be sold and hence, promotion is key to make sure it gets sold to any random person.

It should be done willingly, not because a person was lured into it.

No comments: