Saturday, November 18, 2006

8th wonder of the World

What started this huge phenomenon?

What made it spread so fast?

Why is it so addictive?

What makes it alright to post your thoughts on the World Wide Web?

I am referring to blogging. I personally started blogging 3 years ago when I was struggling through teenagehood and jumping for joy at the freedom of being able to wear home clothes to school. For whatever reason, I stopped and currently, I am back on it.

Compare the blogging scene of now to the one of 3 years ago, I have to admit that it has grown significantly. Why? Why are so many people broadcasting their thoughts and feelings on the World Wide Web? Why are so many people reading those thoughts diligently like pages of a good novel? What makes blogging so popular?

Frankly, I have no idea the reason behind the wonder of blogging. But I blog because I love seeing my life on a piece of virtual diary and also the thought of having someone from the other side of the world read them excites me. Call me narcissistic or whatever but I seriously don't care. If I don't love myself, who will? And I read other blogs because it's like an adventure for me. A blog is like a virtual diary so reading blogs makes me feel like I have managed to crack the secret code of that diary. Quite evil, isn't it? I know but seriously, that's how I feel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mebi, its just a way to be heard. so ppl can give advices or share the same thoughts...
niweis, i miss ya!!!
been so long since i met u...so when are we gona do the crazy things again??