Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Just Dandy

Tired of staring at the screen on my mobile.

Received less remuneration due to new employment status.

Stomach growling non-stop because I skipped breakfast.

Sweating profusely (I blame it on the weather).

Then my ex-lecturer rang...

Miss J (MJ): Hello, Liz.
Miss Liza (ML): Hello, Miss J. Wassup?
MJ: I am sure this piece of news will make you very happy.
ML: Oh really ah? Eh tell me lei. Hehehehe
MJ: Out of the 3 speakers for that career seminar the other day, my students were VERY impressed with YOU. They even thought you were related to me. They also thought you were very good. You spoke very clear, confident and good English.
ML: OH MY GOD! OH MY GOODNESS! THIS REALLY IS GOOD NEWS!

All it takes is one phone call to brighten up one's day. That was the phone call I needed. It made me realise my potential and put everything into perspective once again.

Alhamdullillah.

No comments: